Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Girls & Insecurity

When I was about seven my parents went through a divorce and it was very hard on me.  I never really got over it, even today I still wish that my parents were still together.  I didn’t know what to do so the way I coped with it is that I stopped eating.  Growing up I always thought I was fatter than most of the   kids in my class.   I thought that if I stopped eating and weighed myself everyday that it would help me take off all that weight.   My family was so worried about me and didn’t know what was wrong.   It was an awful, sickening moment and I realized that instead of being a happy cheerful teen I was a 12-year-old anorexic.  I kept telling my mom that there was nothing wrong when it was clearly noticeable that I was losing a lot of weight.  Before I knew it I was just skin and bones, I looked like I had just stepped out of the holocaust.  If you think you may be suffering from an eating disorder seek professional help immediately instead of keeping it from your parents like I did, it’s only going to make things worse.  In situations like this parents may feel helpless, but understand that this disease greatly affects their teen’s life and must be dealt with no matter what.  If it is no taken care of right away your teen could be at risk of death.  Seeing my family cry and worry made me really think, is not eating  really worth it?

3 comments:

  1. True Story! I'm so glad you survived that moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I'm dealing with the same thing, according to my recent doctor's visit. So please pray for me too! :)

      Delete